How to get beautiful braids
Today braids are a fashion statement and can be worn in different ways to suit your personal style.
However, be warned: this is an intricate, time-consuming style, and unless you're confident about your own skills, it might be better to have them done professionally.
Here's what to remember when getting your hair braided:
- Braids take time to create.The long hours of sitting down become worth it, though, once you see the results.
- The finer the strands, the longer the time required.
- Braiding the hair in the same direction or style over a long period damages the hairline, which is a delicate, vulnerable area.
- Change the direction of the braids occasionally or take a break between braiding to reduce the pressure.
Washing your braids
- Use plastic clips to separate your braids into sections for shampooing.
- Dilute shampoo with a little water and put into a plastic squeeze bottle with a tips that can get between the parts in your scalp.
- Gently sluice your scalp with the shampoo.
- Rinse with low-pressure water. Remember to keep the water temperature moderate, as hot water will dry out the scalp and strip it of its oils.
- Blot your hair dry with a towel and apply leave-in conditioner.
- Leave to dry naturally. Be careful not to shampoo braids too often, or you will dry out your scalp.
Braids can be kept in for up to for 2-3 months which makes for a more affordable and maintainable styling.
Do you have any braiding tips you would like to share? Leave us a comment in the box below.