Royal baby facts
Okay, so here’s one thing that’s pretty obvious, this baby will probably be the most famous tot in all the land. With Kimye’s North West coming a close second, of course. So, in honour of the birth of the little one, here are some fascinating things you should know.
1. His Royal Highness Prince of Cambridge was born at 16:24 weighing a healthy 3.75kg.
2. He was born at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington following in the footsteps of his father and uncle, Prince Harry.
3. We’re going to have to wait a while to find out the name of the baby boy. Prince William’s name was only revealed a week after his birth and Prince Charles, a month after his birth.
4. His name will probably be a tribute to a family member. George, Charles, Philip and James are bookies' favourite. Members of the royal family often have three other names in addition to their Christian names.
5. The Royal baby will be third-in-line to the throne behind grandfather Prince Charles and daddy, Prince William.
6. His star sign is cancer. The same as his father and late grandmother, Princess Diana.
7. He will one day be King of UK and 15 other Commonwealth states.
8. It is prince Charles’ first grandchild and the Queen’s third great-grandchild.
9. He can chose between three surnames. Wales, like his dad; Cambridge, like the royal house bestowed on his parents by Queen Elizabeth; or Mountbatten-Windsor, the surname of Prince Philip.
10. He will have at least six or seven
godparents drawn from family and friends.