Most popular celebs on the net
Bing released a list of 2012's most searched-for people. Check out who got to number one!
10. Taylor Swift Taylor released her fourth studio album, Red, She’s also been involved with many charities, is one of the highest paid stars under 30, and had a relationship with Conor Kennedy, son of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., for a few months.
9. Nicki Minaj Nicki has been involved in a controversy or two this year. Rumours of her less than friendly relationship with Mariah Carey, and her outrageous videos and performances make her very searchable.
8. Jennifer Aniston Jen is constantly featured in the pages of the tabloids and many a gossip site. She recently got engaged to her beau, Justin Theroux, and her acting career doesn’t seem to be dying down anytime soon.
7. Selena Gomez Her relationship with the Biebs, their break up certainly had a hand in Selena being on this list, but that’s not all she’s been up to. Choosing to focus on her acting career for a while, Selena has voiced Mavis in the animated film, Hotel Transylvania, and was considered for the lead role in the remake of the classic film Carrie.
6. Katy Perry Katy’s been a busy girl this year. She’s gone on a major tour, starred in and released a 3D movie about said concert, and been named the sixth best-selling digital artist of all time in the United States. Let’s hope 2013 will be as good.
5. Lindsay Lohan Want a place on the ‘Most Searched’ list? Start off as an adorable child star, then grow up and mess up continually while the public watches. It’s easy!
4. Rihanna Her volatile relationship with Chris Brown, her constant hairstyle changes, and her wacky performances ensured Riri’s place on this list, and certainly makes her unforgettable.
3. Miley Cyrus She’s changed her hair like 5 million times in the space of a year, got engaged, made a guest appearance on Two and a Half Men , and other things that would tire a normal 20-year-old the hell out. Sjoe!
2. Justin Bieber Not really a Bieber fan, but you’ve gotta give the boy props – the more haters he has, the more popular he gets. Yet another sign that 12-year-olds should not be allowed on the internet (Told you I wasn’t a fan).
1.Kim Kardashian I’m not surprised that Kim is number one. With her reality shows, cosmetic deals, and endorsement deals – oh, and don’t forget her relationship with fellow fame-whore Kanye West- I’ll be surprised when she falls out of the top 10. Words: Carmen Williams Pictures: Getty