Numerology: a load of rubbish?
We asked Sandy Smith, a South African numerologist who has developed her own unique system of numerology – Sandy's Original Numerology, to give us an exclusive taste of the core elements of numerology namely, Life Path Number, Expression or Personality number, and Soul Urge in order to get a better insight into who we really are and want to be.
Sandy's system can give you advice on career path, health, legal matters, marriage, and finance to name but a few. For a personal appointment contact Sandy at 082 411 9270 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE LIFE PATH:
The Life Path number is the most important number in the numerology report. It describes the major lessons that have to be learned in a lifetime. 90% of people are able to do it without realising what it is. The hard part is to attain a higher level with each birthday.
HOW TO CALCULATE IT:
The life path is calculated by adding the day, month and year of your birth together. Reduce to a single digit. If the figures add up to 11 or 12, do not reduce them, as these are master numbers.
29 July 1966, would become
2 + 9 + 0 + 7 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 6 = 40
4 + 0 = 4
The Life Path Number is 4
THE LESSONS THAT NEED TO BE LEARNED ARE:
1 Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, and individual.
2 Co-operation, adaptability, consideration of others, partnering, mediating.
3 Expression, verbalisation, socialisation, the arts, the joy of living.
4 A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth.
5 Expansiveness, visionary, change, the constructive use of freedom.
6 Responsibility, protection, nurturing, community, balance, sympathy.
7 Analysis, understanding, knowledge, awareness, studious, meditating.
8 Practical endeavours, status oriented, power-seeking, high-material goals.
9 Humanitarian, giving nature, selflessness, obligations, a dreamer.
11 Attain a higher spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, and idealist.
22 The Master Builder, large endeavours, powerful force, leadership.
THE EXPRESSION NUMBER
This number is derived from the letters in your full birth name and can also be called the destiny or personality number. This is the number that describes the talents and natural abilities that are at your disposal from birth which can be developed as you grow and mature. In other words these numbers signify your inherent potential or destiny. These abilities are often very important in work and career.
HOW TO CALCULATE IT
Take each name separately and add up the letter values using the conversion chart above. Reduce to a single digit. If you get an 11 or 12, do not add to a single digit, as these are master numbers. Do not use nicknames or married names, but the full name that appears on your birth certificate. The only exception would be in the case of adoption shortly after birth, where the name given in the adoption home should be used.
Example: Using the full name Tom Alan Smith
The expression number is 1
FIND THE MEANING OF YOUR OWN EXPRESSION NUMBER
1 Denotes strong leadership qualities. Ambitious and determined, with the potential for achievement and financial rewards. Prefers to work alone and possess qualities of self-confidence and self-reliance. Dislikes routine. Independence, problem solving, and initiating action. Can develop the capacity to be a strong leader, sales executive or business owner. Negative qualities: self-centredness, aggressiveness and instinct to dominate.
2. Destiny is in the role of mediator and peacemaker. Modest without the need for recognition of accomplishments. Sensitive, diplomatic in difficult situations, co-operative, and considerate. Excellent at organising and managing people due to exceptional tact and friendliness. Make good facilitators. Negative qualities: oversensitivity and tendency to get hurt easily, shyness, uncertainty, apathy and indifference.
3. Optimistic and enthusiastic about life and living. Role in life is to inspire, motivate and raise the spirits of others. Excellent communication and social skills. Would make an excellent teacher, composer, singer, actor or salesman. May have a latent creative talent in the arts. Negative qualities: superficiality, too easygoing, materialistic.
4. Destiny is to express wonderful organisational skills with a practical, down to earth approach. Sincere, honest and faithful. Sense of responsibility leads to fulfilling obligations and doing a good job of everything undertaken. Would do very well in the fields of building, engineering and craftsmanship. Negative qualities: Stubborn, dogmatic, rigid, prejudice, and dominance.
5. Multi-talented and versatile. Clever, analytical and a quick thinker. The tone is constructive freedom, and to attain this freedom, will be very good at mastering adaptability and change. Proficient at presenting ideas and knowing how to approach others to get results. Popular, entertaining and amusing. Negative qualities: procrastination, difficulty in keeping routine, making the same mistake over and over again. Hates paperwork.
6. Loving, friendly and appreciative of others. A depth of understanding, producing sympathetic kindness and generosity. Open and honest. Sense of responsibility, love and balance and capable of rectifying and balancing inharmonious situations. Shows artistic and creative talent but prefers to work in an occupation where there is concern for the betterment of the community eg. Social worker. Make excellent parents. Negative qualities: self-sacrifice, over demanding of self and worry.
7. Outgoing, refreshing, rebellious, mischievous and involved in the search for wisdom or truth Logical and rational in approach. Appears to lack emotion. Excellent at studying deep subjects in search of hidden fundamentals. Make excellent teachers. Negative qualities: lack of self trust, introvert and intolerant.
8. Outstanding organisational and administrative capabilities. Potential to achieve in business and other powerful positions. Good judgement in money and commercial matters with an understanding of building and accumulating material wealth. Ambitious and goal orientated. Make good managers and can plan, initiate and complete projects. Negative qualities: impatience, laziness, intolerance, over materialistic.
9. A love to help others and tendency towards acting the "big" brother or sister type. Will operate best if sense of feeling and compassion is followed. Creative ability, imagination and artistic talent (often latent) of the highest order are present in this expression. Friendships, affection and love are extremely important. Make good teachers and counsellors. Negative qualities: selfish, self-centered, aloofness, and lack of sensitivity. Rather a dreamer than a doer.
11 Inspirational and the ability to lead by example. Inner strength and awareness of environment. Strong intuition and keen analytical ability. Will be happier if working outside of the business world. Concerned and supportive of art, music or beauty in any form. Make good teachers, social workers, philosophers and professors. Negative qualities: nervous tension, over sensitive, temperamental, fantasy and reality become intermingled.
22 Capable of great accomplishment. A strong leader who is unafraid to lead in new directions. An idealist with the material skills to develop for the good of mankind. Inner strength is clearly visible. Negative qualities: overbearing, dominating and destructive.