The iPhone 4 is here
A one-tap video call
Their PR: iPhone 4 has two cameras: one on the front, which focuses on you and one on the back, which focuses on everything else. FaceTime lets you switch back and forth between them at any time during a video call.
I thought we’ve had face to face calling for years now? Granted, this is on your mobile. So cool, I guess.
Super high resolution mega display
Their PR: The Retina display on iPhone 4 is the sharpest, most vibrant, highest-resolution phone screen ever, with four times the pixel count of previous iPhone models. In fact, the pixel density is so high that the human eye is unable to distinguish individual pixels. This basically gives you amazingly clear text and sharp images.
Can’t see anything wrong with that.
Running more than one app at a time
Their PR: iPhone 4 introduces a whole new way of multitasking. Now you can run your favourite third-party apps — and switch between them instantly — without slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily.
Well this is super, obviously. As someone without an iPhone, I’m just amazed they haven’t brought that out sooner.
HD video recording and a 5 mega-pixel camera
Their PR: It takes cool pictures even in low light settings. Also, there’s a camera on the front (remember point 1?) for self portraits.
Oh hallelujah! No more stretched arm and weird angle self portraits on people’s avatars. Yay.
What the guys from Endgadget.com (who’ve actually handled it) said:
• As we said, it's shockingly thin.
• The screen is truly outrageous -- you basically cannot see pixels on it. We're not being hyperbolic when we say it's easily the best looking mobile phone screen we've ever laid eyes on.
• The build quality is really solid. The home button feels much snappier, and on the whole it just feels like a tightly-packed device, but it's not heavy.
• The side buttons are really nice and clicky.
• iOS 4 is very familiar -- there's not a lot added to fit and finish.
• The general speed of the whole OS is way snappier. The camera app in particular is noticeably faster -- shots get snapped in an instant.
Would you invest in the iPhone 4? Tell us what you think in the box below.