Make these simple wooden decorations for your Christmas tree.
You will need
- laminated pine plank
- gold vinyl
- spray adhesive
- Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR
- Woodoc COLOURS in Clifton Grey
- craft knife
- drill with 8mm wood bit
- Download the templates and print. [Download the STAR template here] [Download the CHRISTMAS SHAPES template here]
- Put the star template aside and stick the other templates onto the back of your gold vinyl with the spray adhesive. Use a craft knife and scissors to carefully cut the images out. Set aside.
- Trace the star shape onto the pine plank. Secure it in place with G-clamps and cut the shapes out with a jigsaw.
- Drill a hole in one of the points on each star.
- Sand the edges smooth.
- Mix the Woodoc COLOURS into the Water-Borne FLOOR and paint the stars with two coats on both sides, letting the first coat dry before applying the second.
- Once the second coat has dried completely, stick your vinyl images in the centre of each star.
- Tie a ribbon through the hole you made in step 4 and hang your stars in place.
Video: Francois Oberholster | Editing: Suné Esterhuizen | Music: www.bensound.com