How to maintain your fitness routine as the chill sets in
As the mornings and evenings get a little chilly it’ll be hard to get out of bed at 4am to hit the gym or even go for that evening run after work. But just because it’s making it harder doesn’t mean you have to throw your fitness goals out the window.
Here are tips on how to stay on track and avoid the bulge as winter nears:
- Schedule it: Don’t think too much about it. Make it another part of your day, like showering or brushing teeth.
- Get jamming: Make an expertly crafted playlist. Get pumped for the event.
- Get a buddy: Team up with someone; you’re more likely to stick to your plan if you have a partner in crime. Choose someone with similar goals whose schedule fits in with yours.
- Get on social media: Jump on the Instagram and Twitter train. Get vocal about your fitness routine. Give updates on your progress, post pictures and links to your favourite fitness articles.
- Have a little fun: Whatever you do, make it fun. Avoid throw-up-your hands-and-give-up moments. Jump rope, do your favourite childhood workout and burn about 208 calories in just 20 minutes.
- Pin it: Turn your fitness goals into office décor. Tape a photo of your favourite fit inspo Instagrammer where you can see it, or one of that bikini you’re dying to buy. When you keep seeing what you’re gunning for you’ll stay motivated.
- Have a reward system: No workout, no wine. If you look forward to something once you’ve hit the gym or done your routine for the week then surely you deserve something, right? So it can be a glass of wine or your favourite treat.
So whatever you do just keep at it. You go girl!