How healthy are you?
A recent Discovery survey shows that South Africans aren’t as healthy as they think they are. The survey results indicated that 67 percent of all employees who participated in the Discovery Healthy Company Index considered themselves to be healthy when they actually had four or more risk factors affecting their overall health and well being. That’s quite scary...
Here are some more interesting stats:
• 21 percent were already living with a chronic lifestyle disease such as diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
• 21 percent were smokers
• 61 percent were overweight or obese
• 78 percent were not getting enough exercise
• 80 percent were not eating enough fruit and vegetables
• 67 percent were stressed
• 61 percent were not doing regular health checks
Are you healthy enough?