Couples who dine together, stay together. Yes, it's time to go on a nice foodie date in your city.
- Go for a luxe Valentine's Sunset Cruise, R500p/p. Sipping bubbly while watching the sunset = goals.
- Keen to feast? Indulge in a five-course Valentine’s Day dinner at Savour Restaurant at the African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel in Gardens, R495/p.
- One of Cape Town's trendiest new areas, The Silo District, is home to the The Radisson RED V&A Waterfront and they have two fab offers for V-Day - either Burgers and bubbles, R450 per couple OR pizza and bubbles, R355 per couple.
- Go old school and enjoy a Valentine's Day Dinner Dance, inspired by Casablanca at CASA Restaurant and Bar at the newly renovated Ritz hotel. A four-course menu will be served with a live band playing classic, romantic love songs from over the years. Dress up and dance the night away, to celebrate your love, R550 pp includes a four-course menu and a glass of bubbly, and entertainment.
- Not to be missed, the Social Kitchen & Bar in Sandton is offering a seven-course Valentine’s Day menu, R560 per person, bookings are essential.
- Or enjoy snacks and drinks at the beautiful Four Seasons in Westcliff and take in the epic view.
- Uber is running a comp where they want you to share your #UberLoveNote and you and a partner could win:
R75 off your next two Uber rides
R150 off a flower arrangement from SA Florist
The winning love note in each city will get:
Cape Town: Distinctive jewellery from Kirsten Goss
Johannesburg: A romantic dinner for two at Gemelli
Durban: Delectable cupcakes from Kupcake Heaven
Port Elizabeth: An extraordinary gift hamper from Petals
(Of course you can also do all of this with a friend)
Or not so happily...
- Get a few friends together and go for Cuban-style drinks and dinner at The Royale in Craighall.
- Spoil yourself to a delightful mani or pedi and some cool nail art at Tenfold in Maboneng.
- Or do some e-therapy and shop the AMAZING 14 day deals on Superbalist.com.
- I seriously want to get myself one of these gorgeous custom-made purses from Missibaba, limited edition for V-day.
- For those 'is it a friend or is a potential partner' on a hike. This takes the pressure off a romantic restaurant-style date and can be pure 'innocent' fun and a good way to bond as friends first. There is one happening on 14 February at Delvera Valentine's Sunset Hike, R150, bubbly included.
- Or have a relaxing stroll through the Zeitz MOCAA museum in the Silo District, entrance is free on Wednesdays. And V-day is a Wednesday!
- Or enjoy this picnic in the sky for R880 a pair at 308 Fox Street in Jozi.