Video Francois Oberholster
You will need
- 22 x 22mm pine battens
- Woodoc Water-Borne DECK Clear
- Woodoc Colours Mulberry
- drill with 5mm wood bit
- 15m x 4mm nylon string
1. Cut the battens in the following measurements, using the jigsaw:
- twelve 70mm pieces
- eleven 305mm pieces
- twenty-four 125mm pieces
- one 770mm piece
2. Drill holes into the battens according to diagram 1.
3. Decant some Woodoc Water-Borne DECK into two containers; about 200ml in each. Add some Woodoc Colours Mulberry to both: in one of them, add just a tiny bit and in the other one about three times as much. Mix well.
4. Paint the 125mm pieces with the lighter tint on all sides. Let the paint dry then apply a second coat. Paint the rest of the pieces with the darker colour; apply two coats on all sides, letting the paint dry between layers.
5. Cut five 3m lengths of string.
6. Lay your pieces out vertically according to diagram 2 and thread the strings through the holes. Make a knot on the outside edge of the 770mm piece.
7. Turn the pieces into a half circle and pull the strings tight by threading them through the remaining holes on the 770mm piece. Make knots to keep them in place.