1. How do you tell if a bra fits well?
The band around the body should sit horizontally, and shouldn’t ride up at the back. To know if your straps are adjusted correctly, the straps shouldn’t be so tight that they leave a mark on your shoulders but they shouldn’t slip down either.
You should be able to fit two fingers easily between your shoulder and the straps of your bra. If your bra has underwire, it should sit flat against your ribcage and should not ‘dig in’ to your chest; it also should not sit away from your body or on your breast.
2. How many bras do I actually need to own?
A bra for every occasion!
· T-shirt bras are perfect for everyday use and are smooth under clothing.
· A simple lace bra when you want something practical but also a little fancy. A full lace set for something more glamorous or a special occasion!
· Sports bras are also really important for support during movement and exercise to minimise bounce.
· Strapless bras are a great solution piece for strapless dresses or garments with thin straps.
· One with seams, to shape and offer support, particular for a fuller bust.
3. How often should you wash your bras?
As a general rule, you should aim to wash your normal, everyday bras after every 3-4 wears. If your bra smells or looks dirty, then wash it!
Always wash your bras in a washbag to protect them from being damaged. The bra clips should be fastened to protect hooks from damaging other delicate garments and from rubbing on the drum of your washing machine.
Cold wash in a soft detergent. Don’t use any harmful cleaners such as bleach as this may damage the fabric of your garment. Always check the care label to ensure they’re made of materials that can be machine washed. If not, when hand washing; gently rub the material of the bra all over, paying special attention to areas where sweat accumulates, like along the bottom wire, or the part of the band that sits under the armpits.
READ MORE: Five ways to show your VJJ some love
Dry in the shade and not in direct sunlight, this causes the elastics to deteriorate and will also cause fading. Tumble drying cause similar damage as direct sunlight.
4. What should you do if your boobs are uneven?
It’s very common for women to have one side slightly bigger than the other. Buy a bra to fit the larger side, we also have accessories which offer push-up inserts.
5. What type of bra should I wear under different styles of tops?
- Tight Sweater: T-shirt bras, these can be worn with almost any outfit. I recommend Body Bliss or Smooth sensation.
- Bulky Sweater: A nice opportunity to wear some lace – try Valencia or Dentele in our range.
- Sheer: Try Louix our T-shirt bra, with a little extra strapping, to make it look special. Alternately, for a more subtle look, a T-shirt bra such as Smooth sensation would work well.
- Tight Tee/Polo: T-shirt bras again, either Body Bliss or Smooth sensation.
- Halter, Tank or Strapless: Strapless bra! We have many in the range depending on your cup size. I would recommend Body bliss push-up for a smaller cup size and Nine to Five for a full cup. All of our strapless bras can be worn halter neck or cross back.
6. What is the most common mistake women make when trying to find the right bra size?
They don’t get fitted! In all of our stores, we have highly trained fit specialists who can ensure you get the right size, and walk out looking and feeling fabulous!