What common mistakes do people make when applying lashes?
“Some ladies use hair adhesive to stick lashes on. I'm not certain where this trend comes from, but I urge you not to do it. Applying false lashes on top of your natural lashes and using mascara on false lashes are other big 'oopsies',” says Lerato Mabote, Pretty Lee Lashes founder.
How should false lashes be taken care of??
1. Place lashes back on the tray, and into the box after use.
2. Always remove glue build up.
3. Don't sleep with your false lashes on, so you can extend their use.
Try: Pretty Lee Premium Hair Lashes, R100
READ MORE: When your friends earn more than you
Tips to applying false lashes:
1. Find the right type of false lashes for your eyes and face shape – there's no one-size- fits-all.
2. Always cut them to t the size of your eyes as you don’t want overlapping lashes.
3. Always apply lashes as close to your lash line as possible.
How long does it take to install individual lashes?
A full set of volume lashes takes about two hours. In terms of available lengths, they vary from 8-14 mm.
How long do they last?
3-4 weeks depending on the growth of your own lashes and care, says Samantha Divaris, owner of The Brow Studio.
“After doing mine at The Brow Studio, I'm now a huge fan of individual lash extensions. They takes a while to install, but the results are worth it. My set lasted for more than three weeks,” says former TL Beauty Editor, Lerato Seuoe.
Try: MAC Individual lashes (30), R245
READ MORE: Why you need a facial
Maintenance do’s and don’ts
- Avoid getting lashes wet for the first 12 hours
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, and don't pick or pull your lashes
- Avoid getting your lashes caught on towels or clothing 4. Don't dry your lashes with a towel or hair dryer; let them dry naturally
- Don't wear mascara as it interferes with the bonder 6. Do not use any eye make- up removers, cleansers or oils on your lashes
- Avoid crushing your lash-es into your pillow when sleeping
- NB! Please keep the area clean. Improper hygiene can result in an infection
- Brush your lashes daily with a clean mascara wand
Tip: If you’re a first-timer, it does take a few tries before finally nailing the desired effect.