My husband and I have three kids. Last year we started fighting because he drinks every day and comes home late.

He stopped buying food so I locked him out but he called the police. I’ve asked for protection from him but he kicked us out of the house. How can I get the house back?

Sis Dolly answers:

Your husband has no right to chase you and the children out of the family home. Both of you are entitled to live in the house if you’re married in community of property. The only time one can move out is when an agreement has been reached through the courts during a divorce or one partner decides to buy the other partner out. You can go to your nearest magistrate’s court and speak to a family court officer. You can also pursue a maintenance issue through the court.