Give a simple wooden side table a contemporary touch by adding a geometric pattern with natural wood stains.
You will need
- Woodoc Gel Stain in the colours Ebony and Antique Oak
- Water-Borne FLOOR Clear (Matt/Gloss)
- steel ruler
- artist paintbrush
- paintbrush to apply sealant
- wooden table (sanded smooth)
- Measure and mark a grid with 5cm intervals on the surface of the table. Start at the centre of the table as the edges of the table might not be 100% accurate.
- Draw diagonal lines across the grid you made in Step 1 (in one direction).
- Using the artist brush and Antique Oak Gel Stain, paint one triangle in each of the squares across two surface.
- Now fill in the opposite triangle on a third of the table with the Ebony Gel Stain.
- Allow the gel to dry for four hours then apply two coats of Water-Borne FLOOR to seal the table.
Most Read Stories
What To Watch