Your Monday detox
1. Get plenty of rest by having a good night's sleep. Nothing rejuvenates the mind and body as effectively as sleep. Skip the TV tonight and go to bed early with a good book. You'll feel great in the morning.
2. Drink as much liquid as possible. Don't panic about feeling bloated from the liquid because nature has some wonderful diuretics that will help you flush the system. One is Crab Apple from Bach Flower Remedies – this infusion made from the flowers of crab apple is ideal for those who are feeling a little sullied from over-indulgence.
Place two drops in a glass of water and sip at intervals, or place four drops directly on the tongue. You can even add 10 drops to your bath.
3. Eat correctly. Cut up any combination of apples, pineapple, sweet melon, pawpaw, grapes, mango, peaches, plums, guavas, strawberries and other fruits.
4. Increase your dietary fibre to clean out your system. You can do this by eating vegetables, dried fruit, whole-wheat bread, brown rice or high fibre muesli.
5. Take a vitamin or mineral supplement. There are ranges of vitamin and minerals available at any retail outlet, Clicks or pharmacies:
Vital makes an Antioxidant combination which contains the following antioxidants vitamins: Vitamin C; Vitamin E; Beta Carotene and Selenium. Two great Burgess & Finch essential oils to use are Grapefruit or Fennel.
Blend 2 drops of any of the above essential oils into 5ml sweet almond oil, before adding to your bath, or massaging into the effected area.
Besides water and fruit juice, remember that there are plenty of herbal teas on the market that are also refreshing and cleansing for the system.
For more tips on vitamins, minerals, natural foods and essential oils to help you through the detox process, log onto www.vital.co.za or www.health24.com.
How do you detox for a healthy new year? Drop us a comment in the box below.