As the new year begins, many people are resolving to pay more attention to their mental and emotional wellness in 2020. Here are the 10 best ways to improve your mental health, as recommended by therapists.
1. Lock down a solid sleep schedule
We live in a busy world and a good bedtime routine will go a long way to help you tackly your day with more vitality.
2. Spend 10 minutes outside each day
You can use your lunch break to take a walk to a store nearby your place of work or use your free period to read outside on campus instead of rushing back to your res room.
3. Practise daily self-affirmations
4. Cut back on social media use
5. Start a gratitude journal
6. Practise mindful, healthy eating
7. Choose a quality relationship to invest in
8. Try out meditation
Remember we told you to add meditation to your workout routine too?
9. Cut out one unhealthy habit
... and remove yourself from toxic environments.