Some beauty products can set you back hundreds of rands, but sometimes all you need to do is look to your pantry.
Our Women24 community have shared their top beauty secrets that they swear by and live by, here are 15 of the best:
1. Put nipple cream on my lips, as it removes cracks and leaves your lips soft and nourished.
2. Drinking at least two litres of water a day.
3. Add two tsp of rose water with one drop of glycerine and two drops of lemon juice. Apply to your face and neck with the help of cotton wool. Use it as a homemade moisturiser, it prevents anti-age skin and gives you a youthful complexion. Nothing harsh, just simply easy and cost effective.
4. Put honey on your face as a mask, leave on for five minutes then rinse, leaves your face feeling soft and refreshed, works well.
5. Rub Vaseline on every fingernail to prevent your weak brittle nails and make them stronger.
6. Be sure to never wash your face with soap, unless it’s Dove Soap, as normal soap will give you angry pimples or leave you with a terrible skin condition.
7. Dye your hair and make sure to put in some conditioner in your dye mix for a healthier, shinier and moist looking hair.
8. To remove blackheads, use a drop of raw honey on a lemon wedge, rub on troubled arrears for a minute, leave on for five minutes and rinse off.
9. Coconut oil works wonders for your skin (it makes your skin more elastic, which aids in preventing stretch marks), hair (it helps restore dry and damaged hair) and nails. Use it as a lotion three times a week and as a hair mask once a month, and your skin and hair will feel much more hydrated.
10. Rub Vaseline to heal dry, sore lips, preferably Vaseline with Aloe Vera in it.
11. Use horse shampoo to make your hair thick and give you unbeatable shine and a silky soft texture.
12. Spray perfume on your hair brush and it will make your hair smell great throughout the day.
13. Apply almond oil as a night moisturiser.
14. Use eye repair gel before going to bed, so it gets a chance to work while you are sleeping.
15. Don't pop a zit unless you want spots.
More beauty hacks: