Do you wear make-up like an armour? Follow these tips and wear your bare face with confidence
- Cleanse your skin. Follow a daily skincare routine, and exfoliate three times a week to keep your skin refreshed. This will clear up your pores, and assist with moisture, based on the routine that works for you.
- Keep your pearly whites white. Nothing brightens up your face like clean teeth. Brush them twice a day, and see a dentist every six months. Keep some floss in your bag to clean up after your meals, and use brighteners.
- Stay hydrated. Dry skin is not only uncomfortable and irritable, but it also makes you vulnerable to sunburn and acne. Using a moisturiser after your skincare routine will combat dryness for most of the day.
- Wear sunscreen. Protect yourself from the sun throughout the year, no matter the season. You need a sunscreen with a SPF higher than 30 to avoid peeling. Sunburn also leads to accelerated ageing and hyper-pigmentation.
READ MORE: Six make-up mistakes to avoid
- Groom yourself. That unibrow and moustache have to go! Bushy eyebrows make your eyes look dull. A nicely shaped eyebrow is a free facelift that you can afford every week. Having less facial hair gives you a smooth look.
- Make your lashes pop. Curl your eyelashes as often as you can to make them more visible. Another trick is to use some petroleum jelly or oil as lash gel to hold them together, giving you that wet look and natural extensions.
- Say no to cracked lips. Your Lips carry a lot of dead skin cells, so you need to exfoliate. Use your toothbrush gently or apply a sugar and olive oil exfoliant for softer and healthier lips. Don’t forget to use lip balm throughout the day.
- Natural highlight. Get a natural glow by lightly patting on some petroleum jelly over your cheeks. Avoid using too much because you’ll end up looking shiny.
READ MORE: Five top tips for laying your edges
- Accessories. You can make or break your look with accessories. Wear the perfect pair of studs for a clean and simple look or switch it up with different types of earrings to amp up the style.
- Keep your hair in check. Short hair don’t care? Braids? Extensions? A good hairstyle can attract the right attention to your face. Clean, styled hair gives you personality and an extra glow.
Most Read Stories
What To Watch