In-salon treatments have forever been defined as 'luxury'. Going to a clinic or a salon to get a specialised treatment or to be pampered has always been earmarked for those fancy occasions, like a girls' spa day, a birthday, etc.
Yet Nimue notes that salon treatments are designed to work with your day-to-day skincare regime. They complement, therefore shouldn't just be seen as a luxe expense, but rather as part of your routine.
However, not all of us can afford to go for facials and body exfoliating treatments every fortnight at R700 - R1 000 a pop!
Here are a few budget options that'll take your skin a long way:
1. Renaissance Skin Science Clinic in Cape Town, Acid Cream Mask (30 - 45 min), R 420.
This treatment is fantastic for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
2. Heaven on Earth Spa in Durban, Environ Deep Cleanse Facial (75 mins), R350.
This is an excellent option to decongest and remove impurities from distressed skin.
3. Aronia Day Spa in Houghton, Johannesburg, Rejuvenating and exfoliating body polish (30 min), R290.
Get that beautiful skin glow as you're scrubbed with active and natural botanicals from around the world.
4. Heavenly Day Spa at the Westin in Cape Town, Body Polish (30 min), R390.
This is so worth it! The body is scrubbed using a ground apricot kernel body scrub, which leaves the skin feeling smooth and the mind energised.
5. Skin renewal, Cape Town, Claremont, Constantia, Spacology Hydrating Facial (1h30 min), R475.
A classic facial that will leave your skin rejuvenated. A perfect option for winter!
Sign up to W24’s newsletters so you don't miss out on any of our hot stories and giveaways.