Oh yes they did. And unfortunately for this bride, what should've been one of the most significant moments of her wedding was ruined by her ravenous wedding guests.
But her guests aren't completely to blame, since her 'cake' was comprised of different cheeses. Yes you read right, cheese. This couple opted for a stacked cheese arrangement as opposed to the usual three tiered chocolate or vanilla cake.
The post was then followed by cheesy puns about well...cheese.
One user wrote "I bet it was a man, how dairy", another wrote, "She could've been more Mature about it".
Unfortunately her decision to use cheese as a cake substitute might've cost her a special cake cutting moment.
But still though, can she really be blamed for her own preference?
Last year saw so many crazy bride and bride-to-be articles on many publications, and the internet was consistently left in stitches by all the crazy demands these brides were making.
This had me thinking maybe, just maybe, guests too play a role in the making of a bridezilla? Look at our cheese 'cake' bride. A big part of her day had been ruined by snackish guests and there was not much she could do about it.
And earlier this year when a couple had showed up to this young bride's wedding with a toddler after the invitation had clearly read no children. Who does that?
That was all last year. New Year, new wedding guests, right?
To avoid an influx of bridezillas in 2019, here are some 'how to be the perfect wedding guest' guidelines.
1. Please respect "no children" requests.
2. Avoid wearing a white (especially dramatically beautiful) dress
3. If there is a colour theme or any sort of theme, try your best to follow it. In the event of the bride's request being downright unreasonable, the answer is, simply don't attend.
4. Do not, I repeat, do not eat the cake before the cake cutting moment.
5. Don't propose. Trying to steal someone else's special day is not cute.
6. Don't get wildly drunk and disturb the ceremony.
The list could go on and on but let's assume the rest goes without saying. If you read carefully enough you're well on your way to becoming the perfect wedding guests and giving these poor brides a break.
Sign up to W24’s newsletters so you don't miss out on any of our hot stories and giveaways.