From January to December, we always look forward to seeing which celebrity will take risks, make a statement or change the status quo with their fashion.
According to an online shopping site list, who used data from over 104 million shoppers to rank these personal style choices, American actor, Timothée Chalamet is Hollywood’s most influential style guide, thanks to his Golden Global sequined Louis Vuitton look and Cartier jewellery.
After Timothée, these are the other influencial figures in fashion for 2019:
- Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle who launched her work attire fashion collection with the British charity Smart Works, to benefit unemployed women in the UK.
- American actress and singer, Zendaya came in at number three after her light-up Cinderella dress look at the Met Gala.
- American singer-songwriter, Billie Eilish’s outfit for Coachella, topped with her neon green hair got her the fourth spot.
- Cardi B who has been busy creating clothing capsules with Fashion Nova got fifth spot.
- Lisa from the Korean girl group, Blackpink took the sixth spot for wearing the Celine Triomphe bag.
- Cosmetics Billionaire, Kylie Jenner takes the number seven spot for her Met Gala look and matching her outfits to her luxury cars.
- American singer-songwriter, rapper, and flutist, Lizzo who spoke of herself-empowered fashion choices, confessed she takes risks and wears whatever she wants.
- Gender-bending fashion icons Harry Styles and Billy Porter end of the list. Harry created a trend for the flare pants look and wearing single earrings and Porter with his golden wings look at the Met Gala, which put him on this list.
Compiled by Futhi Masilela
Sign up to W24’s newsletters so you don't miss out on any of our hot stories and giveaway.