Here are the ups and downs of dating older people.
Much like singer Solange Knowles and husband Alan Ferguson have a 23-year age gap, some women prefer their men much older. Here are the ups and downs of dating older people:
They’ve experienced life more
- Whether it’s in bed, life in general or career
- They’re able to guide you accordingly using the experience they’ve gained throughout the years
- They know exactly what they want in life so, you can learn a thing or two from them
They value romance
- Unlike young men, matured men know and understand the importance of romance in a relationship.
- They know their way around with little details, like flowers, notes and homemade gifts.
- Be ready to be spoiled
They’re emotionally stable
- Matured men have a sense of calmness
- They ‘re able to balance out the wild and crazy side of you, if you have one.
- Whenever you need someone to listen, they’re always there.
They’re financially savvy
- They’ve learned a few things about money over the years
- They can advice you regarding your own finances
- They don’t just spend without planning.
Society considers them ‘father figures’
- This can have a negative impact on your relationship, if your friends and family consider him as such
- You cant pass the ‘old men’ jokes around him as he might take offence
They’re not into the party life
- They’ve been there , done that, so parties don’t really excite them.
- They’d rather be home and cuddling
They have a standard way of doing things
- This can be quiet the challenge because they often don’t want to be changed.
- What you see is what you get
- Most of them find it hard to compromise on their way of life