FAIRLADY and Santam are looking for South Africa’s Women of the Future: three amazing women who are creating opportunities for others and boosting South Africa's economy by setting up their own businesses.
"Every year before I look at the hundreds of entrants, I think I must surely have seen every single entrepreneurial idea out there – and every year I’m forced to admit I was completely wrong," says FAIRLADY editor Suzy Brokensha.
"I am constantly amazed by the creativity, courage and sheer ingenuity of South African women – and that’s before we even talk about their grit and their staying power in the face of unique challenges like load-shedding and logistics.
"These women are in a league of their own."
Mokaedi Dilotsotlhe, Chief Marketing Officer at Santam says, “As a centenarian, we’ve seen the importance of entrepreneurship over the last 100 years. It’s been a consistent focus for us, and we have a particular interest in fostering the potential of female entrepreneurs in South Africa.
Women make up more than half of our country’s economy, so it’s imperative we give them the support and platforms they need to succeed for this country’s economy to thrive.
That is why we value our partnership with FAIRLADY in the Women of the Future initiative – now in its fifth year – as it gives us a platform to honour entrepreneurs who are positively impacting our nation.”
The prizes awarded to the three winners are:
- R80 000 in cash to the Woman of the Future
- R50 000 each in cash to the Rising Star and Social Entrepreneur and, to all the winners
- An invaluable mentorship session with one of the judges,
- A short course from the IMM Graduate School worth R15 000
- A Karissa Business Spinner and Business bag from Samsonite worth R7 000,
- And a ladies watch from Obaku worth R2 000, a luxury beauty hamper and a media training session.
Entry forms and terms & conditions are available on www.womenofthefuture.co.za. Entries close on 7 June 2019.