With these two delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes using their range of frozen-at-its-freshest products, McCain makes it easy for you to create memorable family moments this festive season.
When families gather around tables this festive season, memories will be created over endearing hugs, belly-deep laughters and silly banter! However, the real star of these catch-up sessions is always the decadent spread of food. These yummy two recipes will create unforgettable food memories with those closest to you!
HONEY & MINT LAMB CHOPS SERVED WITH POTATO WEDGES
Preparation: 15 Min
Marinating: 30 Min
Cooking: 45 Min
- 2tbsp butter
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tbsp soya sauce
- 8 lamb chops
- 500g McCain Original Potato Wedges
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium/low heat then sauté ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add mint, lemon pepper seasoning, soya sauce and mix well together.
- Pour over the lamb chops and allow to marinate for 20 – 30 minutes before braaiing over medium to hot coals for 3 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Spread the McCain Original Potato Wedges on a large non-stick baking tray and toss with olive oil, salt & cayenne pepper.
- Lie them flat in a single layer – use two trays rather than to overcrowd one.
- Roast for 30 - 40 mins, turning now and then.
- When cooked they should be golden brown and crisp with a light fluffy center.
- Scatter flaked sea salt over and serve the wedges with lamb chops and mint sauce.
CHICKEN BREASTS IN CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM SAUCE
4 chicken breast fillets
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
250g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
500g McCain Creamed Spinach
125ml (½c) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chicken and cook for about 6 minutes on each side (making sure they are golden). Set aside.
- In the same pan add onion and mushrooms, cook for about 3 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add chicken stock and McCain Creamed Spinach.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes then add chicken breasts back into the pan.
- Add parmesan cheese, close the lid then allow to cook further until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with a fresh green salad packed with all your favourite vegetables to add to your meal – and incorporate more colour and nutrients to the dish.